Orienteering this Sunday November 29th is in Griffeen Valley Park, Lucan, Co Dublin. The area is parkland which is perfect for juniors and novices.
Points to note:
– The area is perfect for beginners and juniors (under 10/novice juniors accompanied, over 12 with some experience alone)
– There are 2 courses (2.6km and 5.3km long)
– You can arrive and start any time between about 11am – 1pm, no need to pre-register (last start time is 1pm)
– You don’t have to be in a club to take part
– Cost is usually about €8 for adults with discounts for children (and sometimes club members)
If you’re unsure or have any questions you can ask any of the organisers (on the day or 087 9360308 / email@example.com)
There are directions and some more info on http://3roc.net, with map links here:
GPS Coordinates are 53.336845, -6.448309
Take a look at an old map of Griffeen Valley Park
Click to access Griffeen-20121130_POC-Long-Course.pdf
Orienteering in Marlay Park this Sunday. See full details on the Ajax website here.
Anyone around on Saturday to give out flyers, particularly for people doing the parkrun? Flyers are here:
Get in touch by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve to order a few more t-shirts for those that didn’t get them (and did the requisite 4 events!).
If you didn’t give your name to Ger Power, please email us? email@example.com
The Dublin Summer League wraps up tonight. The league link is missing last week’s results, but hopefully they’ll be included later:
On the long Andrius seems to have it wrapped up on the long (?), while Emma McAuley is being chased hard by some high-performing juniors (the Walshs and Joseph Butterfield).
Well done to the following who have received their technical shirt:
Aine Ni Sullibhan
I understand that the following should get a t-shirt if they run tonight:
Ellen Walsh Giguere
Vincent Walsh Giguere
Hopefully Ger Power will make it to the Phoenix Park tonight with the remaining few t-shirts. It looks as if we’ve run out of the popular sizes so will get more printed. To make sure this happens smoothly & fairly, could those who finish 4 events but don’t get their shirt please:
– try to find out what size you are by trying on others’ t-shirts or the few remaining that Ger has
– email me your size (firstname.lastname@example.org) and contact details (or post up here)
A number of Dublin clubs will be holding Orienteering events around Dublin over the summer as part of the inaugural Dublin Summer Series League. These will be suitable for complete beginners and help will be available to anyone that is new to orienteering and navigation.
The League fixtures are as follows:
- Tuesday June 24th – Ringsend Park, Dublin 4 (details here, results here)
- Tuesday 1st July – Barnaslingan/Lead Mines, Kilternan (details here, results here)
- Tuesday 8th July – Applewood, Swords (details here, results here)
- Tuesday 29th July – Marlay Park (note change of date (originally 22nd), details here, results here)
- Tuesday 5th August – Phoenix Park (results here)
- Tuesday 12th August – Phoenix Park
- Tuesday 19th August – Phoenix Park
Courses will be suitable for anyone from about the age of 10 upwards, or young children of about 4+ accompanied. You can start any time between 6pm – 7pm.
If you complete 4 out of 7 events, you’ll get a free technical running shirt!