Orienteering this Sunday November 29th is in Griffeen Valley Park, Lucan, Co Dublin. The area is parkland which is perfect for juniors and novices.
Points to note:
– The area is perfect for beginners and juniors (under 10/novice juniors accompanied, over 12 with some experience alone)
– There are 2 courses (2.6km and 5.3km long)
– You can arrive and start any time between about 11am – 1pm, no need to pre-register (last start time is 1pm)
– You don’t have to be in a club to take part
– Cost is usually about €8 for adults with discounts for children (and sometimes club members)
If you’re unsure or have any questions you can ask any of the organisers (on the day or 087 9360308 / email@example.com)
On the long Andrius seems to have it wrapped up on the long (?), while Emma McAuley is being chased hard by some high-performing juniors (the Walshs and Joseph Butterfield).
Well done to the following who have received their technical shirt:
Aine Ni Sullibhan
I understand that the following should get a t-shirt if they run tonight:
Ellen Walsh Giguere
Vincent Walsh Giguere
Hopefully Ger Power will make it to the Phoenix Park tonight with the remaining few t-shirts. It looks as if we’ve run out of the popular sizes so will get more printed. To make sure this happens smoothly & fairly, could those who finish 4 events but don’t get their shirt please:
– try to find out what size you are by trying on others’ t-shirts or the few remaining that Ger has
– email me your size (firstname.lastname@example.org) and contact details (or post up here)
A number of Dublin clubs will be holding Orienteering events around Dublin over the summer as part of the inaugural Dublin Summer Series League. These will be suitable for complete beginners and help will be available to anyone that is new to orienteering and navigation.
The League fixtures are as follows:
Tuesday June 24th – Ringsend Park, Dublin 4 (details here, results here)