A number of Dublin clubs will be holding Orienteering events around Dublin over the summer as part of the inaugural Dublin Summer Series League. These will be suitable for complete beginners and help will be available to anyone that is new to orienteering and navigation.
The League fixtures are as follows:
- Tuesday June 24th – Ringsend Park, Dublin 4 (details here, results here)
- Tuesday 1st July – Barnaslingan/Lead Mines, Kilternan (details here, results here)
- Tuesday 8th July – Applewood, Swords (details here, results here)
- Tuesday 29th July – Marlay Park (note change of date (originally 22nd), details here, results here)
- Tuesday 5th August – Phoenix Park (results here)
- Tuesday 12th August – Phoenix Park
- Tuesday 19th August – Phoenix Park
Courses will be suitable for anyone from about the age of 10 upwards, or young children of about 4+ accompanied. You can start any time between 6pm – 7pm.
If you complete 4 out of 7 events, you’ll get a free technical running shirt!